Jun 20, 2011

I Collect: Suzanna

What a gal! Suzanna is an artist, and a mom, a wife, a Kansan (I had to look that up) and a collector! She sells her beautiful assemblage and collages here. And she also has an Etsy where she sells Instant Collections, supplies and collectibles. Suzanna blogs here at Sushipot about her adventures in art, collecting, food, mothering, life etc. 

My Name is: Suzanna Scott

I collect: aluminum coffeepots, clowns, old craft doll faces, antique books, religious kitsch, scissors, old buttons, tin tea sets, vintage children's books and ephemera. I'm sure I've forgotten something.




Its been going on for: a very long time!

I look for additions to my collections at: Everywhere: thrift shops, the roadside, flea markets, antique dives, the interwebs, garage sales, junk yards. You name it!

When I find one I feel: Elated and inspired.
 



The star of my collection is: My favorite's are the collection of clowns I inherited from my grandma when I was a teenager.

The oddest piece in my collection is: Hard to say…maybe the really big Humpty Dumpty doll face mask. It's a bit on the strange side.
 

A way my collection has gotten me into a tight situation: I've definitely put my bank account in a tight situation on occasion!

Some other things I like to collect are: little things, my daughters drawings and happy memories.
 

My family and friends think my collections are: a bit strange and hard to dust!





 Thanks for sharing Suzanna!

 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely interview! I'll be following your blog to see other collections and collectors. Yes.....i'm obsessed :) --Suzanna

    ReplyDelete