Nov 3, 2011

I Collect: Colleen

I'm super excited to bring you the next instalment of the "I Collect Interview!" I'm happy to introduce you to the hilarious, beautiful and creative Colleen. She maintains the wonderfully entertaining blog Fresh Vintage; with lovely photographs, great vintage finds and ideas and lots of humor. Colleen tells us about her naughty collections and shares pictures with us of the more behaved ones.


My Name is: Colleen

I collect:  Sex education books and naughty vintage gag gifts

Its been going on for: About five years



I look for additions to my collections at: Yard sales, thrift stores, flea markets, Amazon.com and eBay. And occasionally, my nice blog readers send me gifts for my collection. I've found that the best source for sex ed books are at the estate sales of medical doctors, especially gynecologists. It doesn't happen very often, but it is like hitting the jackpot when it does!
 
When I find one I feel: Like a junkie who just got a hit! I know - bad analogy, especially since I never did crack. But I would imagine that it feels similar.
 
 
The star of my collection is: The crocheted peter heater that was owned by my husband's grandfather. It is from the 1930's and has a poem attached.  That is the piece that got me started collecting gag gifts. I also have some rare sex ed pamphlets and books that have some very interesting graphics!

The oddest piece in my collection is:  A book called "The Intimate Side of a Woman's Life". It just contains an insane amount of bad advice (which was considered good advice at the time).
 
A way my collection has gotten me into a tight situation: I have two kids: 7 & 9. I have to hide my collection of books and gag gifts from them. I haven't been caught yet, but I am sure that day is coming soon.
 

 

Some other things I like to collect are: Vintage globes, white matte pottery, apple crate labels from Yakima, WA - my husband's home town.

My family and friends think my collection is: Entertaining and funny. We've been known to sit around with a glass of wine on my deck and read passages from my sex ed books. Always makes for an enlightening evening!





Thank you so much Colleen!! 


 

2 comments:

  1. Great interview! I've been reading her blog for a long time and she can still make me laugh 'til I cry at some of the stuff she'll say on there! I just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and love Colleen! I found "The Super Kegal" at an estate sale today! Looks like a cross between a torture chamber/thighmaster for your kegals! Had I known, I would have picked it up for Colleen. Every gal probably needs one of those!

    ReplyDelete